Application security consulting
We’ll help you enhance your app security and apply the secure-by-design principle
Web app must be secure.
There is no other way.
Security is one of the greatest concerns in modern, web-visible apps. It’s not just risk
management and quality assurance specialists who are demanding it. Increasingly, clients
and investors are too. Agile development methods put an app under constant pressure to
change, which creates another challenge.
Testing can ensure an app is secure. The way to achieve the best result, though, is to
incorporate security in early development phases.
Identify threats in your environment
Protect your critical systems
Conform to information security requirements
Adopt the OWASP ASVS standard
Security does not happen by chance. It must be designed.
Secure-by-design is a design principle in which security forms an app’s support structure. It considers the threats in the app’s operating environment early on. It ensures that key security components, such as identification, authorization and software mechanisms, work together seamlessly.
Direct modelling identifies the security threats posed at a system, organization, process or other protected target. It plans mechanisms and methods to prevent threats from arising. By recognizing those mechanisms and methods, you can also assign security requirements to a target.
Contents and further information
Threat modelling can be used to:
- Assign security goals and confidential data processing requirements to a target.
- Identify actors who may try to access the target’s confidential data or restricted access properties, or who may try to misuse or hinder the functions of the target in other ways.
- Identify the methods a criminal attacker may use to try to access the target’s confidential data or restricted access properties. Identify other ways an attacker may try to misuse or hinder the functions of the target.
- Identify the mechanisms and procedures you need to prevent these malignant methods.
We always agree on the precise content and goals of threat modelling with you, the client. When we have modelled the threats, we produce a report for you containing a clear review of our work and its outcomes, along with a precise breakdown of the results of the threat modelling.
OWASP ASVS auditing support
You can use the OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS):
- as a set of app security measurements when developing software
- as a guide for developing app security compliant controls in client-supplier software procurement contracts.
A certified and professional partner
We have over 10 years’ experience of providing cyber security services. We constantly develop ourselves and certify our skills. What’s more, we’re pleasant to work with!
More than 400 companies from a range of industries trust us
We help make your apps more secure
We help you when you need an expert partner to assess your current security level, review software security, find weaknesses and areas for improvement, and achieve better information security.